Northumbria Care acquired the Philadelphia Nursing Home in May 1995 and began the build of Springfield House which subsequently opened in 1997.
So 2020 not only marks our 25th year proudly serving our local community, but with plans now at a very advanced stage, also the opening of new, fabulous, market-leading facilities!
The new facilities will be situated on the adjacent site of the former Philadelphia Nursing Home.
The planned site will include a number of market-leading innovations, featuring many facilities that are a first for the region, and among the finest in the UK, ensuring that the home will set a new standard in the provision of a safe, secure, dementia-friendly and holistic caring environment to older people in the Houghton-le-Spring area.
The new build will feature:
- Full en-suite facilities in the large spacious bedrooms, all with walk-in showers
- Some premium rooms will also benefit from patio doors leading onto secure terraces and beautiful landscaped gardens
- Secluded and secure terraces and communal gardens overlooking the Philadelphia cricket club
- Onsite residents’ bar and café
- A large residents’ cinema room
- A large, fully equipped hair and beauty salon.
Eagle-eyed viewers will spot that the cinema is not showing on the map!
This is not an oversight, but instead the cinema will be a situated on level 3 (plans are being redrawn as we speak) that will have some ground-breaking features that we will reveal very soon. What we can tell you at this stage is that we will also be developing a fully equipped facility on this level for our visiting partner healthcare professionals that will facilitate top-class support for our residents.
The scheme has been designed by award-winning Acanthusda Architects
We will keep you posted as development progresses.